12.09.2008

Breakfast at Anthropologie

My last post was something I wrote during the hotel stay Rhys gave me for my birthday, but I wanted a separate post to commemorate the perfection of those two glorious weekend days.

I packed my bag, left a bunch of little instruction notes for Rhys about Jude all over the house (not that he needed instructions, this is just a problem I have), kissed my boys goodbye and dashed out the door on Saturday afternoon.







I checked into the Chase Suites Hotel around 3 pm. The first thing I did was light candles and ran a bath. I brought my best LUSH bubble bar and soaked for an hour, without a book, without an agenda (most of the time when I take a bath I'm trying to solve a problem while relaxing. I call it my "office." It's a bit counter-productive.). When I got out I wrapped myself in my brand new chenille robe, put on my Lisa Gerrard CD and started to write and take pictures. I went to Borders for an egg nog latte & one of their incredibly naughty marshmallow brownies. You heard me, we're talking 10,000 calories and zero guilt.


I then headed to Nordstrom Rack for some shopping and found the most amazing pajama pants by Anthropologie's brand Free People that fit perfectly and happened to be 50% off. Luck? No. This was fate.
I had dinner plans at 7:30 pm with my friend Patricia at a French restaurant called La Vie en Rose. It was an elegant setting and it was perfect. The highlight for me was the 5 desserts we had. Well, we shared a souffle and crepe, then a complimentary cream puff swan with a single candle was sent to the table since we were there celebrating both of our birthdays. Then on the way out, we were each given a little box with carrot cake & chocolate cake from a family friend who works there. One can never have too many desserts.
I headed back and watched a little Saturday Night Live before going to bed. I haven't been able to stay up past 11 pm because I have to get up at the crack of Jude every morning. But not this particular Sunday...



I woke up at 9:30 am to the sound of: absolute silence. It was gorgeous. The first thing I did was take another LUSH bath. Then I lounged around doing lots of nothing important, such as reading magazines and catching bits of old movies. Around noon I picked some roses from outside my door, put them on the dashboard of my car and went to get my favorite breakfast: an iced chai latte & egg sandwich from Starbucks. I ate it on the way to Fashion Island, my big-girl playground. Where else can you find an Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Z Gallerie, This Little Piggy Wears Cotton, Babystyle, Hanna Andersson, and Gelato Paradiso all in the same place? It's heaven. I strolled around, bought a few things... and found this little treasure.
A Radiohead t-shirt, size 6-12 months. The only one, stashed in a clearance basket. On sale.


I wandered lazily around Anthropologie with my iced chai, reminiscent of Holly at Tiffany's. Anthropologie is my Tiffany's, nothing bad can happen to me there. It is like entering a new atmosphere. The way the world was supposed to be created. Maybe if it had taken more than 7 days...who knows...
I ended my evening at the movie theatre, my other safe haven. Seeing movies by myself has always been a favorite past time of mine. I went to a 4 pm showing of Slumdog Millionaire and it was incredible. A perfect ending to a perfect weekend. Well, actually, I came home in time to put my little son to bed on Sunday evening. That was the perfect end to my perfect two days.
I should also mention that I came home to a clean house and a bouquet of flowers waiting for me. We watched Dexter and had sushi for dinner. Absolute bliss.

3 comments:

Dippy's Mom said...

You have the best DH in the whole world and when we meet up in a few weeks you need to have him school Steve. Seriously.

Laura said...

A. I effing love that Radiohead tee.

B. I effing love Fashion Island and I miss living so close to it. Maybe that should be our next meeting place.

C. I'm so glad you had such a great time at the hotel. You deserve it!

Aimee said...

Carrie-I love the pics of Jude! That was so sweet of Rhys to give you the weekend to yourself. I can't believe how long it has been since we've talked or how much things have changed! We've all grown up...we need to catch up some time.